Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
These wonderful, chewy cookies are the very essence of fall. Loaded with caramelized apples, cinnamon chips, white chocolate chips and oats they make a fabulous cookie, of that you can be sure. If you are a fan of apple crisp, I would wager you are going to love these cookies as well. They will make your house smell wonderful! They will make your children smile! Your neighbors will love you for them, your co-workers will applaud your genius!
Make them, my friends. Make them and enjoy this beautiful fall weather! It’s such a wonderful time of year, isn’t it.
1 C cinnamon chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel and chop your apples and place them in a skillet. Add the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon and cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally. You want the apples to extract some of their juices and to get a bit caramelized. Should take about 10 minutes. Set the pan aside and allow the apples to cool.
3. To make the cookie dough, cream together the butter and sugar for 2 minutes. Add the egg and beat for an additional 1 minute or until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and mix just until combined.
4. In a separate bowl toss together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and oats. Add it to the creamed mixture along with the cinnamon chips and white chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
5. Fold in the caramelized apples to the cookie dough, making sure you don’t add any of the liquid that might be in the pan.
6. Spray your cookie sheets with cooking spay and scoop the dough (I used a 1 1/2 inch scoop, but you can use what ever size you prefer) onto the sheets.
7. Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden brown and the centers are mostly set. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the cookies to finish baking on the hot sheet. You want to be sure not to over bake here. They are much better if the insides are nice and chewy.
8. Remove to a wire rack and cool completely.